The main purpose of conducting pool inspections on the Gold Coast is to ensure the safety of your family and specifically of the children that may gain access to the pool area. Children are brave and inventive and love to explore!
At Pacific Smoke Alarms, we believe in letting children be all of these wonderful things, with the safety and peace of mind of a properly inspected pool area. In order to complete a thorough pool inspection, we adhere to the proper legislative requirements and ensure that your pool is up to standard.
Pool Compliance Checklist
It may seem frivolous, but there is value in looking at your pool area through the world and perspective of a child. Here are some points that we will help you navigate in order to become compliant:
- Is your pool registered? If you are unsure, you can check here.
- Is your pool fence at least 1200mm high? Remember to measure every section of the perimeter of your pool barrier or fence.
- Is the bottom of your pool fence and gate no more than 100mm off the ground? Ensure that the surface below the fencing is stable and solid, and check the full perimeter of the barrier.
- Are all climbable objects (furniture, trees, BBQs, garden rocks, pot plants, shrubs, etc.) at least 900mm away from the fence on the outside?
- Does your pool gate self-close and latch securely?
- Is your pool fence permanent and well maintained?
If you answered “Yes” to all of the above, you are well on your way. Speak to one of our friendly consultants today in order to do a more comprehensive evaluation.
Trust Pacific Smoke Alarms To Check Your Pool Safety
Safety is vital to us, regardless of the source of the danger. From smoke alarms to pool safety, Pacific Smoke Alarms takes great pride in providing you with a valuable service to better the protection of your family. Talk to us today about any queries you may have or to book your pool inspections on the Gold Coast. You can reach us telephonically on 1300 355 483, or you could use our contact form. We look forward to hearing from you soon!