Our services are specifically centred around creating safe home environments that adhere not only to the appropriate legislative guidelines but also to the overall best practice recommendations set out for pool safety. In order to make sure that we are providing you with the very best of service that matches your expectations, our team at Pacific Smoke Alarms would like to go over exactly what it is that we do as a pool certifier for the Gold Coast and what we don’t.
We Absolutely Do This!
When you hear the term “pool certifier”, you may mistakenly assume that we get into the nitty-gritty of pool regulations. This is not our area of focus. Our main goal is to provide services that help you achieve a safe pool environment that is regulated and adheres to compliance and safety standards. This means that we:
- Inspect pools that are already built
- Are drowning prevention centric
- Evaluate pool fences to ensure that they meet the necessary basic requirements in terms of height and structure – we go through every aspect in our evaluation, from spacing to which building materials are used
- Give a thorough assessment of any potential hazards in the pool area and provide guidance on how to mitigate the risks
- Complete a child-orientated risk assessment of any objects that can be used to breach the fence/climbed on/etc.
- Check that the gate is self-closing and has an approved child safety mechanism or lock installed at the appropriate height
- Provide feedback in terms of signage, making sure that the correct signs are hung in a highly visible location where they are needed
- Offer a full assessment that comes with a compliance certificate or arrange for a revisit if there are areas that need to be improved in order to achieve compliance
What We Are Not And What We Do Not Do
In a nutshell, we do not: build pools, check building regulations of pools, provide pool maintenance or maintenance inspections, offer service or assessment on pool structure (leaks, etc.).
Is It Time To Have Your Pool Area Evaluated?
If you would like to book our services as a pool certifier for the Gold Coast, you can get in touch with the Pacific Smoke Alarms team by calling us on 1300 355 483 or use our convenient online contact form.