At Pacific Smoke Alarms, we know that having a smoke detector and smoke alarm system installed in your home is a responsible step toward safe homeownership. However, your system needs to be professionally checked regularly to ensure that everything is still in perfect working order. According to safety regulation standards, a smoke alarm system should be professionally assessed at least once a year, while doing quick monthly checks yourself.
When a professional technicians comes to check your smoke detector system in Queensland they will be assessing the following things.
The Pacific Smoke Alarms Checklist
We have developed a tried and tested system that aligns with the appropriate legislation in order to ensure that your property is protected and up to standard.
Here is our 22 point property smoke alarm health checklist:
- Is the property constructed prior to 1997?
- Have there been any major renovations to the property since 1997?
- Are smoke alarms present?
- Are they photoelectric or ionization type?
- Do they meet Australian Standard 3786?
- Are they still under warranty?
- Are they still within their manufacturer-recommended lifespan?
- Is there one on each level of living?
- Are they located in dead air space?
- Are they free from possible smoke obstruction?
- Are they in the path of turbulent air?
- Are they securely fastened?
- Are they dual power or stand-alone 9v?
- Does the battery have sufficient power remaining?
- Does the test facility work on the smoke alarm?
- Are the air entrainment ports free from dust and debris?
- Has the smoke alarm been tampered with?
- Has the smoke alarm been painted over?
- Is the smoke alarm damaged?
- Is the audible alarm loud enough to meet Australian Standards?
- Replace 9V battery if necessary
- Compliance certificate issued if your property meets legislative requirements.
Remember that you should still perform regular maintenance by doing monthly spot checks, replacing batteries when the alarm ‘chirps’, cleaning the grill as per the manufacturer’s instructions, and remember to schedule your replacement as per the manufacturer timeline.
Choose Pacific Smoke Alarms As Your Number One Trusted Service Provider
When it comes to the safety of your home and family, our team at Pacific Smoke Alarms bring our Nationally Recognised Qualification and many years of experience to the table to ensure that all compliance standards are met. We are a locally owned business, and we are proud to offer you a hassle-free solution for your smoke alarms in Queensland. Please feel free to contact us regarding any queries by calling 1300 355 483 or using our convenient contact form here.