What a month March was. Our business has been pushed, pulled, tested and twisted. However, I am very proud to say, that due to our amazing team of technicians, administrators and sub-contractors, we have adapted, pivoted and proven our flexibility to be able to continue to operate at full capacity. This process has been vital in order to continue to provide our compliance safety services across the Gold Coast and Northern NSW. As much hard work as it has been, this last 30 days has taught us some very valuable lessons.
We have been able to implement a number of strategies that have enabled us to continue to provide an efficient and reliable service to our Property Managers, Building Managers, Investment Owners and Owner Occupiers.
- We quickly implemented hygiene and sanitization processes which serves to protect tenants; as well as our technicians and their loved ones…
- Appropriate questioning of tenants regarding COVID-19 concerns when scheduling smoke alarm inspections
- Hand sanitization before and after every inspection
- Regularly washing hands
- Maintaining social distancing measures during inspections
- Minimising surface contact
- Minimising time spent in properties
- Our customised cloud-based operating system means that our scheduling, reporting and customer service has been unaffected, despite a number of staff needing to work from home.
- We have implemented a “virtual inspection” via video chat (and leaving batteries in letterboxes) which serves as a temporary/interim measure to address urgent issues, or provide assistance to those tenants in isolation at this time. These inspections can then be re-visited once the tenants are out of isolation.
- We have secured hardwired smoke alarms and battery operated smoke alarms to ensure we can successfully operate for several months should supply chains be impacted.
- We have implemented internal online applications to serve as a fast and reliable way to communicate to all staff updates on travel situations and the ever-changing ways that our clients are operating. This chat group has also provided a great platform for banter/general chit chat amongst the team who do not normally get to communicate with each other on a regular basis due to the nature of the work we do.
- We have renegotiated work hours with flexible arrangements to suit some of our team’s family needs. We have lost staff due to health concerns and we have re-hired past team members serving as a lifeline for both parties.
What we have learnt most of all is that Pacific Smoke Alarms has GREAT people working within it. Without them, we would have found it much more difficult to navigate this past month!!
THANK YOU TEAM!!!!!